Nowhere Development Status
Current Version: Alpha 91
Release: TBA
Last tweet: 701 days ago

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few observations on a very early Alpha release.

I have been playing video games for over 30 years and the concept and premise of Nowhere is one of if not the most original I have seen. I really hope this lives up to expectations. After watching your promo video for the third time I decided to shell out $21 and buy the alpha release. I have just downloaded it, installed it and I must say I like the look of it. There's not much to do yet as all there is me floating around a large Nowherian with my teather. It all looks very organic and but with the exception of patches of neon colour there is not much varation. From your initial concept art it looked like there would be many different varieties of Nowherian, I hope the this will still be the case and we will not all be amorphous blobs? Not that I have anything against amorphous blobs some of them will no doubt be quite charming?

The only thing that I didn't really like was the same music ALL the time. I like most kinds of music and electronic / trance, is one of them but after 10 minutes I was getting a bit bored with it, after 15 I tuned off the sound on my computer completely as there is no way yet to turn down the music or switch it off. I hope that later releases have some variation and some way to turn off the music. Musical tastes are after all very subjective and perhaps it would be possible to be able to have our own music or at least a choice of what we listen too. After all I am my own Nowherian who doesn't necessarily like to conform to societies norms, I may not like Trance I may be in the mood for classical or Death Metal.

This has enormous promise and I am looking forward to future releases.

Keep up the good work

H.V.

Comments

• @HavelockVetinari

Welcome :). Thanks a lot for your support and sharing your observations. I added a powerpoint document to the founders lounge. Hope it answers some open questions.

You won't be amorphous blobs. Currently we are working on an in-game editor.

There will be more music in the game and it will change dynamically. We are just at the beginning.

• Thank you for the reply Sylvia, I will wait for future updates and I look forward to trying out the ingame editor and a change of music will be welcome. Keep up the good work and I hope you get this game to fruition it has enormous promise.